Safeis very important today. Contrary to popular belief, ammonia is not an essential ingredient in hair dyes – it is simply a that’s easy on the pocketbook and is used because it penetrates the hair down to its cubicles. This means that though the coloring works well, the hair is left in a condition that makes it weak and compromised. And the money spent on such a dye is not well spent, because the dye is not going to last a long time.
If you are concerned about safe hair color, the best alternative is to use henna-based dyes which also happen to be good for grays. Since henna is a plant-based product, it is perfectly safe. Henna doesn’t cover your hair’s, by the way, it simply enhances it. Henna is actually good for your hair, too, since it tends to coat and seal your individual strands of hair, and make them shine as well. Check the list below:
- Combine a certain amount of powdered henna in a bowl with warm water and lemon juice. The final results should be like yogurt in its consistency. Keep it covered overnight as this will let the dye get released.
- It is crucial to come up with the right mixture in order to ensure good results. Dry or brittle hair needs a few drops of mustard added to the mix. For dandruff, yogurt may be needed – just a few tea spoons, though. Lemon juice is great if your hair is oily. Dried gooseberry powder will make your hair darker.
- Henna paste should be applied to hair that’s been washed and dried. Old clothes and newspaper on the floor are advised in case you spill anything. If you haven’t used henna before, apply it to just a strand of hair to see how it works.reactions are also possible, so start by applying a bit and wait to make sure you don’t have any adverse reactions.
- Those of you lucky enough not to have an allergic reaction can proceed to apply henna. Gloves are also advisable, of course, to protect your hands. The way you apply henna is by starting at the part in the middle of your hair and then covering each strand on either side to the ends of your shafts of hair. Forming a bun with those strands that have been dyed is the next thing to do. Proceed with the rest of the strands in the same way. Once your entire head is covered with the paste, your job is almost done.
- Leaving the paste on your hair for a couple of hours is the last step. The paste will become dry to a point. Once this occurs, you should rinse your hair with running water. The paste should be completely removed before going on to the final step of shampooing your hair and letting it dry without using a dryer and its hot air.
It is essential to use safe hair color. Dyes use peroxide or ammonia to prepare the hair to accept the dye. These chemicals change the hair in significant ways, so avoid using them, if at all possible. You should be able to look good without doing damage to your hair.